Introducing B & I’s Executive Team
Meet our Executive Team members who head up B & I, where more than 540 people are employed.
PE, LEED® AP BD+C - President
Gary has more than 29 years’ experience in all phases of engineering, estimating and project management on projects of significant value. He is a State of Florida Certified Mechanical Contractor, a Florida-registered Professional Engineer since 1992, and holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Florida. Gary has been employed with B & I since 1984 and has spent the last twenty years as President & CEO for B&I.
Gary currently sits on the board of the following organizations:
- Tri County Apprenticeship Academy (TCAA)
- Florida Building Commission-Mechanical TAC
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC)
- Foundation for Lee County Public Schools, Board Member since 2010
- United Way of Lee County, Board Member since 2007
- The Chamber of Southwest Florida, Board Member since 2011
- Horizon Council, Board Member (Lee County Economic Development Office) since 2010
- The STEM TEAM of Southwest Florida, Board Member since 2010
- Construction Advisory Committee for Lee County Public Schools, Member 2007
- Compliance Advisory Committee for Lee County Public Schools, Member 2006-2007
- Edison Festival of Light, Board of Directors, President 2000 - 2001
- First Jobs/First Wages Committee of SWF Workforce Development Board
- Southwest Florida Economic Development Alliance since 2014
- FGCU Whitaker College of Engineering Advisory Council Since 2014
- US Green Building Council, Member since 2008
- Tri-County Apprenticeship Academy (TCAA), (President 2005)
- Florida Building Commission, (Commissioner 2005 - 2008)
- Florida Building Commission-Mechanical TAC, Member since 2005,(Chairman 2008 - 2009)
- Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), Member since 1997, (BOD 2010 to present)
- Southwest FL Air Conditioning Contractors Assoc. (SWACCA), (President 2006)
- ASHRAE SWF Chapter, Member since 1984, (President 1991 – 1993)
- 1960 - B & I Contractors, Inc. is established by Gordon Harbuck
- 1963 - Original Articles of Incorporation are Created. B & I still operates under the original articles.
- 1986 - Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is Established. ESOP now owns 100% of the corporate stock.
BSME - Vice President
Jason has more than 20 years’ experience in mechanical estimation, construction and operation, and has been employed with B & I since 1991. He holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Duke University.
Jason is currently associated with the following organizations:
- ASHRAE SWF Chapter Past President
- ASHRAE Region XII Regional Vice Chair
- Collier County Heart Association Executive Leadership Team
- Duke University Alumni Admissions Advisory Committee
- USGBC Member
- Leadership Lee County
- Milton Garland Refrigeration Award Recipient
BS - Secretary | Treasurer & Chief Financial Officer
Brian has more than 30 years of experience in Accounting/Financial Management and Information System applications. He holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in accounting with 14 years’ experience in manufacturing business systems and 16 years in the construction industry. Brian also has extensive experience in risk and insurance management and is OSHA certified. He also holds numerous certifications in technology and software applications. Brian started his career with B&I in July 2001.
Brian is currently associated with the following organizations:
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Accountants in Construction
- National Center for Employee Ownership
- The ESOP Association
- Risk Management Society
- Florida Notary Association
- Habitat for Humanity Lee & Hendry Counties